9×9 is 81 and we are here. The weather is colder and we have some wind today. This episode brought out the usual networking of concepts. In it, I discussed:
- putting fear to the side when making moves
- editor John Brockman and his book I’ll be looking at soon
- how books come out after the hard work has already been done
- doing deep work that requires hours of non multi-tasking focus
- keeping insular about the things that matter
Cal Newport wrote that book Deep Work to influence people to stick with a goal for a few hours at a time. This is a good thing. Doing heavy work is the way to be. 81 episodes in and the days fly by.