- Quote Analysis: Volume 1 and some quotes in it
- Timeless Information: Volume 1 and an overview of its articles
- banter about the podcast and people’s feedback
- informing about my latest Youtube video editing
- preview of upcoming book content
- West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval 2017
- Meeting people across the event
- Events and matching the people in them
- Books fiction and nonfiction
- 48 Laws of Power
Hey all. In this episode, I discuss the reasoning behind making content that suits you.
- You get to connect with people who understand you
- Your material will show you what you are able to put out
- Inclinations will surface more over time
- People can reach out to you based on your material
Thanks for checking The Armen Show, and keep it moving in your own happenings.
Robert Sapolsky, Stanford professor of biology and neurology, has written the great book “Behave” about what causes human behavior, from the most recent moments, to far back in time. I am enjoying this book thus far
In this episode is information from chapters 1 through 4 of the book, including:
- regions of the brain and their purposes
- triggers of behavior, and subtle cuing
- impacts of hormones on behavior, including testosterone and oxytocin
- stress and its impacts on learning and fear
Hope you enjoy the material in some form as I do~
Hey all – I’m back with more from the book I have been reading and am almost done with.
In this discussion of content from chapters 5 through 8, I discuss:
- scaling of organisms in relation to cities
- how cities provide economy of scale
- how the sun relates to energy requirements
- how a larger city affects the people inside it
- levels of social connections
If you like statistical information and an understanding of complex adaptive systems, the content in Scale would interest you. As well, reading anything that might interest you is a great idea. Onward we go~
On this 10th episode, our 5th guest Kenny Sanders discusses a variety of things including:
- his band Sonder Saloon that he is in with our previous guests
- what kind of music he is into
- music making and how he fits into it
- entrepreneurship and why he does it
Great to have Kenny on TAS~
In episode 9 of The Armen Show, I discuss chapters 3 and 4 of Scale by Geoffrey West.
Included in this discussion are:
- discussion about the power scaling laws
- metabolic rate as related to mass
- AC and DC current and how they are similar to the cardiovascular system
- elements about growth, aging, and mortality
This book has continued to be great, and I look forward to interviewing Dr. West after it is complete.
Episode 8 of The Armen Show includes guest Kaspar discussing Spine and guitar playing~
- why he uses Spine for animation
- what drew him to animation
- learning through tutorials
- Kaspar’s music-making ability with guitar
- previous band experience
- his mutual interest in art with his companion
Shout outs to Kaspar being the 4th guest on the show, and to continued connectivity from The Armen Show–
Episode 7 is pretty exciting because I have a fellow Shirvanian on the scene. David the 13 year old joins me on this one. We discuss:
- basketball and sports
- activity as a youth
- what it is like to be in a connected social world
- 13 year old life currently
Shout outs to David for taking part~
Episode 6 brings in my second guest of this show, which is Johnny. I checked with Johnny about his interests in travel and history.
- travel and countries Johnny has been to
- countries Johnny would want to go to, and why he likes traveling
- what draws Johnny to history
- historical events that Johnny recalled
- some messages about history and its value to understanding
- a little Spanish by Johnny
Thanks for Johnny in joining in episode 6 of The Armen Show as a guest participant~
Hey all episode 5 in the building. I re-did this episode when the audio wasn’t so good, so it is better for you. If you have any specific interests in mind to discuss let me know.
- Chester Bennington’s Carpool Karaoke and his musical inspiration
- The Armen Show Youtube channel vlog post
- Social media makers and their efforts
- Talk about my audio being redone
Hey folks. In episode 4 of The Armen Show, I go over:
- The US Soccer team not going to The World Cup
- Soccer as a sport and my past playing
- Updates about the podcast and what I use to record it
- Comments on documentation of your life as it goes along
The show is an ongoing production of me, and occasionally, guests. I hope you are enjoying it, and may it continue to have new material across the way.
In this episode of The Armen Show, I discuss with Gary Kazazian about his music making, as he has been up to a lot of content creation with his upcoming album called “On a Bed at 4 AM”.
I ask him questions about
- the music making process
- instrumentation including guitars and piano
- how many songs he puts on albums and why
- his experience performing live
Glad to have musical performer guest Gary on episode 3, and you may hear from more guests in the future.
In this second episode of The Armen Show, I discuss some tangential points, as usual, and then discuss concepts from the first two chapters of Geoffrey West’s book Scale.
- linear scaling as compared with superlinear and sublinear
- heartbeats in a lifetime for animals
- how cities are similar to organisms in their growth
With this being episode 2, we have now doubled the number of episodes of The Armen Show.
- Episode 1 of The Armen Show podcast in the building
- I had “That Guy Named Armen” as my previous podcast, but this is a new iteration
- I didn’t backup the files for the last one so I think they’re gone
- This show is separate from The Armen Show vlog on Youtube of the same name, but it is the same theme
- Through my words maybe you can understand my story and interests
- Guests will be on the show like on “That Guy Named Armen” podcast
- I interview science authors on my blog as well
- If you have questions let me know
- I like science, neuroscience mostly, cognitive, and biology and related fields like economics and systems theory or things of such nature that represent the universe
- Enjoy the episode and future ones