Welcome psychologist Dr. Gail Brenner to episode 195 of the show~. She is a licensed Ph.D. psychologist with over 20 years of experience providing psychotherapy.
She received her B.A. from Carnegie-Mellon University, Ph.D. from Temple University, post-doc from the University of Florida, and took part in a clinical internship at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, California. One specialty of hers is working with older adults during the transitions of the end of life period of aging.
Gail has worked with a variety of clients/patients, and speaking with her is a pleasure. We discussed a variety of topics, including:
- her latest Ebook (of 3 she has releaseed) titled Suffering Is Optional, and its contents
- description about some of the chapters on thoughts and feelings, and their message
- blogging of the past that she did on a site called “A Flourishing Life” (~ 2009-2011)
- audio meditations she has posted online, and their origin (they are very relaxing/mindful)
- self-awareness, frantic nature, and empathy towards individuals
- how to connect with someone to help them out
- a main issue seen in society, and a healthy way to respond to it
- some description of her path for the end of 2018
onward through 2019
I was glad to have her on this great episode. I find her to be a healing and healthy individual. You can find her ebooks, audios, blog, and much more at gailbrenner.com.